September 22 is a big day for our family. We get to celebrate two birthdays. This year Cole turned 3 and Ethan turned 1! The day didn't begin as expected. It started out in the wee hours of the morning when Cole woke up coughing and ended up throwing up all over his bed. :) Then Ethan, who is still on Georgia time, woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 5:25am. Delightful. I could already tell is was going to be a great day. For months Cole and I have been planning his Batman birthday party. He LOVES Batman. (By default Ethan has to enjoy Batman as well) He has two pair of batman pajamas and wears them every chance he gets and everywhere we go. Ethan even has a pair. As we were going to be out of town I had been buying things and preparing the party pretty far in advance. All weekend we had been busily trying to get the house in order after a three week vacation and I had even made a few Batman cakes. (Which is in itself a pretty amazing accomplishment because I do not make cakes.) However, after a visit to the doctor, a double ear infection and some more throw up we cancelled the party! Even Cole didn't want to party at that point. So, we spent the day in the front room watching Batman and Spongebob occasionally playing with the new toys. A little disappointing but we have plans to reschedule and one cake made it to the freezer. Here are the boys with their new toys. Cole got a new scooter and Geotrax set and Ethan got a car track.

The highlight of the day would have to be Ethan eating his cake! I made the boys an individual bat shaped cake. It was of course black, which turned out to make the event even funnier. I knew that Cole would probably not touch his as he has yet to eat a birthday cake, but I thought Ethan might get a kick out of it and even play with it. I was right! Here is the proof. Ethan loved playing with his cake and afterwards had a pretty good sugar high. He was going crazy when we were trying to clean up. I'm not sure how long his hands will have a slight tinge of black on them!

Here is Cole's untouched cake!

Here is some video of Cole doing what he did all day!
It seems like every once in awhile we have days like this!
3 comments:
What a fine planned mess!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOYS!
I thought of you and told the Ks yesterday that today was both the boys' special day. I will call on Tuesday...
Hope Cole is feeling better, glad he enjoyed his Batman Birthday.
Love, Grandma Mc.
what a bummer to have to cancel last minute, BUT it actually sounds like a fun tradition, celebrate with family and then do friends later. love the cakes, way to go!!
That stinks to have to cancel. I'm sorry. It looks like some fun was had by all though. Ethan is HILARIOUS with the cake! I'm loving the black frosting!
Post a Comment