Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I can be taught

I am not much of a baker, but make attempts every now and then. I have always dreamed of making delicious sugar cookies and have finally done it! They were just the right fluffiness and they tasted delicious!

Cole sure loved helping especially licking the bowl of frosting afterwards!
Here is the fool safe recipe!  The secret which most of you already know is to refrigerate the dough before hand and even while you are rolling stuff out.  

Sugar Cookies from allrecipes.com
1.5 cups butter, softened
2 cups of white sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until smooth.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt.  Cover and chill for at least an hour or overnight.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees and roll out dough on flat surface.  Bake 6-8 minutes in preheated oven.  Cool completely.

No comments: