Today has been a great day. It is one of those days that really make you love being a mom and make up for all of the other days when crying is heard more than laughter and tears are readily accessible. Everyone was happy and things went smoothly. I was able to get things accomplished, I even had the house tidied and made dinner. I feel that I need to add an extra thanks today because I believe todays success was due in large part to a book I have been reading, "Receiving Answers to Prayers" Simple prayers can make a big difference and I am grateful for that today! I am also grateful for my running partner Amy getting me out of bed to run today, the 30 minutes of silence I had this morning before the boys woke up, visiting teaching with a great partner with a great lesson from Pres. Uchtdorf again about prayer, a doctors appointment that confirmed that I don't need surgery on my feet (even though my mother and husband have been telling me for years that they thought I do!), an insurance company that will pay for orthotics, leftover chimichangas for lunch, a good phone conversation with Anna and Mum, a trip to Target to get some stocking holders on sale, randomly meeting a woman at Target that has two boys exactly my kids age with birthdays within days of my boys, getting her phone number to have a play date, giving Ethan and Cole a bath and putting them both to bed before 8pm, and blizzards. (Yes, we are on a roll with blizzards but they have a yummy pumpkin pie flavor right now that is delicious!)
1 comment:
Beth,
I can see how the list gets longer as the days go by and how taking notice makes them multiply and added to the next day. It is a beautiful thing to be grateful and give thanks to God for his goodness. God bless you, Matt & the boys.
Love, Anna
Post a Comment