We haven't slept in four days. Cole has been coughing for about 96 hours. I took him to the doctor because I thought something had to be wrong when he was not only coughing but coughing so hard he was throwing up multiple times a day. No such luck. The only advice the doctor gave me was to try and give him some honey. So, I started out with it in a little medicine cup and told him the doctor gave us some more medicine. He wouldn't take it. I whipped up some milk with a LOT of hot chocolate and slipped some honey in it. He wouldn't touch it. Then I tried to warm up the honey and put it in cold milk and he instantly said, "That is making me sick." I even put it in a different sippy cup so I could at least get two sips out of him, but he wasn't fooled by my trick.
As the kid only has about five foods on his menu it isn't an option to spread it on top of anything. If you have a miracle cure for a cough or a tricky way to get a picky eater to eat honey let me know. I already had to bust out the chocolate chips this afternoon for some sanity and that just isn't cutting it. Especially since Ethan has come down with the same cold.
Won Ton Chicken Salad
6 years ago
4 comments:
Beth,
about he HONEY thing....I don't know if they still make Pine Brothers cough drops, but they are honey in a glycerin base. They make them in cherry flavor too, but could be honey based.
Maybe a spoonful of honey would work?????? or--
Peanut butter and honey sandwich?
Honey soothes the throat from coughing so maybe that is why the Dr. Rx'd honey.
Anna
I just thought of something else for you to try. Did you know you could give yourself a Honey Facial? Give Cole some honey where he can get his hands in it and play with it on his face to and both of you make it all sticky and then have him lick his fingers. Honey makes for a neat facial. It leaves your face soooo smooth. Just warm it up (a little),pat it on your face so it gets sticky and keep patting the stickiness. I learned this in beauty school years ago. Maybe it will work for COLE!!
oh I am so sorry for you guys! poor Cole... will he drink anything hot like theraflu? I think they have a honey one...
urgh, that is the WORST! I'm so sorry for you. Carter had a cold like that a few weeks ago, and I pulled a bad mom trick. I bought the triaminic cough/cold strips (yes I know they are for ages 6 and up) and cut it in half. It was the dissolve on the tough kind and it saved our lives in the night. A night without coughing went a long way for our family. Good luck.
Post a Comment