Monday, December 15, 2008

Freddy's Playland

When I first had Cole I used to walk by the play land area at Fred Meyer and think disgusted thoughts about people who left their kids in such a germ infested play area so they could shop easier.  As Cole got older my thoughts were lightened about the other mothers and realized there was a reason there were kids in there.  However, I would still not put Cole there.  By the time Ethan showed up I had resigned myself to give up on germs.  Kids are dirty, they eat dirty things, they touch dirty things and then they put their dirty hands in their mouth.  There isn't much you can do about it.  Today, I put Cole in Freddy's Playland and was even slightly disappointed that you have to be 2 to go in and Ethan can't join him for another 9 months!  It was awesome.  He played quietly while Ethan and I shopped peacefully.  I am not sure why Ethan was so cooperative.  Usually I am wrestling him to stay in the cart because he can climb out of the buckles.  I happened to get a car cart and he quietly drove that the entire time I shopped.  It was a most enjoyable time at the grocery store which created a nice happy family!  

I have had to eat my words a few times as a parent and so my advice to any new parent now is this:  Never say you won't do or say something to your kids because you never know what your kids will drive you to do!   

No comments: